Kip B. Kendrick
- Partner in firm of Kendrick & Malane, 4109 Tieton Drive, Yakima, Washington, 1990 to Present.
- 100% of my practice consists of criminal and traffic cases
- Partner in the law firm of Culpepper, Culpepper & Kendrick, Yakima, Washington, 1988 to 1990.
- General practice, emphasizing civil and criminal litigation. Associate with Gavin, Robinson, Kendrick, Redman & Mays, Inc., P.S., Yakima, Washington, 1979 to 1988. Trial and appellate experince: State Superior, District and Juvenile Courts, various Municipal Courts, State Court of Appeals, United States Distrct Court, and some experience with Yakima Indian Nation Tribal Court.
- Judge Pro Tempore, Yakima County District Court, 1979 to 1989. I was appointed to regularly serve as Judge Pro Tempore in District Court (probably averaging two times per month). I judged in every type of proceeding, including jury trails, and hundreds of casses, both civil and criminal
- Public Defender, United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington, part-time, approximately 1980 to 1989. I handled both felony and misdemeanor cases, and I was often appointed to represent Spanish-speaking defendants
- Associate with Weeks, Dietzen, and Skala, Yakima, Washington 1978 to 1979.
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, Yakima, Washington 1976 to 1978. Approximately one-half of the time I spent prosecuting all of the Yakima County felony probation violation cases and the other half in handling original felony prosecutions from charging through trial and appeal; cases involving virtually every possible felony in the state of Washington from murder to burglary, drugs and rape
- Partner in the firm of Kendrick and Carrol, Spokane, Washington, 1974 to 1976. General civil and criminal practice
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Stevens County, Coville, Washington, 1974-1975.
TEACHING POSITIONS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Certified Teacher of English and Spanish, Dayton High School, Dayton, Washington, school year 1970 to 1971.
- Teacher of English among Mexican-American migrant workers in the Dayton, Washington area.
- Teacher in Head Start Program, Blue Mountain Action Council, Walla Walla, Washington.
- Teacher in summer enrichment program for Mexican-American teenagers, at Whitman College, employed by Blue Mountain Action Council, Walla Walla, Washington.
- Teacher of English in adult education program for Mexican-American migrant laborers; taught in migrant camps in Walla Walla area.
- I speak spanish. Hablo español.
- Law School
- Gonzaga University Law School, Spokane, Washington. Graduated May, 1974.
- Activities: legal intern, member of Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity, participant in Clinical Law Program, intramural football.
- Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington.
- English major; Spanish minor; also received Washington Teacher Certification to teach Spanish and English at the junior and senior high levels.
- Activities: track, cross-country, intramural sports, member of Beta Theta Pi Fraternity, tutored children with reading handicaps.
- High School
- West Valley High School, Yakima, Washington.
- Finished high school a year early, 1965, and spent the 1965 - 1966 school year in Mexico. There I attended the Mexican-American Institute of Cultural Relations in Mexico City and Colegio Cervantes in Guadalajara. Hablo español.
We defend people accused of criminal offenses and people charged with major traffic offenses. We appear almost daily in District Courts, Municipal Courts and Superior Courts throughout Central Washington. The information we provide on this Website pertains only to cases in the state of Washington, not any other states.